Monday, January 14, 2008

Christmas musings, I know, I know we're OVERDUE!

WARNING-EPIC POST BELOW!


Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. We went to Utah for Christmas on the 17th and got back on the 31st. It's been a busy month.


We had a great time hanging out with family and friends. It's always nice though to get home to your own bed and be assured your things aren't stolen. I was worried about our stuff the whole trip. We really need to get an alarm installed.

Everything Christmas related needed to be done early this year as we were leaving on the 15th to head to Utah. We went to the Arizona Temple the evening of the 14th to see the lights as I thought it would be too cold to go to Temple Square while we were in Utah (which was true). AZ was cold enough that we had to bundle up to see the lights. I'm posting some pics that we took.


AZ Temple


Matthew and Jordan


Matthew and Me


Ray & Em and kids + Me & Matthew (Jordan took the pic)

We originally wanted to leave for Utah the afternoon of the 14th and stop in Kanab for the night and then head the rest of the way on the 15th. My work party which I had to attend ended up being on the 15th, so we decided to leave after the party and drive 4 hrs. to Paige. Please do not attempt to do this. It was a VERY dumb idea and we were so tired. Jordan was a trooper and drove the whole way. My eyes were burning all 4 hours until we arrived at 2 am. I have never loved a soft bed so much in my life. The only great part about leaving in the evening is that Matthew slept the whole way which made the next day much easier to deal with.

Jordan had to work the week of the 17th-21st and I "worked from home" meaning my mom's hosue. I dropped him off at the airport early on the 17th. What do I mean by EARLY, well let's just say that we needed to leave by 5:30 am. My parents hadn't changed the clocks back downstairs. We didn't notice what time it was until we got in the car. It was 4:30 am. I told Jordan we could go back inside, but he just wanted to get to the airport since we were already up. The poor guy is tired, then his flight was delayed so by the time Jordan got to work at 9 am he had already been up for 5 hours.

I get an email from one of my co-workers (male) on the 20th telling me I had a perishable pkg and the "team" (let's just say that by team he meant HIMSELF) was dying to open it and sample it. He was wondering if that was ok. I wrote him back and copied my boss and his boss and said you can eat any fruit, but I would like to see the chocolates and nuts first. My friend who is his boss wrote just me back and said there is nothing really perishable and no reason for us to get into it. She also told me that he said that we are all a team and should share everything. Whatever!!! I was so annoyed so I decided since Jordan was still there that he could go pick it up. My friend took it down to the front desk and Jordan picked it up. My (male) co-worker got back to his desk and realized the pkg was gone said, "where did our basket go?". This kindof thing just peeves me off. I do a lot of work with vendors as part of my job and some of the perks just happen to be Christmas when they send me things as appreciation for our business. This male co-worker has been on my team for a whole 2 months and decides that he DESERVES all of this chocolate (and he's diabetic). I learned when I got back into the office after vacation that he also said to someone else, "she (meaning me) needs to tell them that our team is bigger and to send more stuff". Like I'm going to tell my vendors anything but a thank you for the nice gift that they DON'T have to send. I do feel a little selfish, but I haven't shared with him any of the stuff just because he is acting selfish. I took a pic before I dived in (on Dec. 31st). It's from Harry & David. The moose munch was gone by the 1st. It's way too much for us to eat, but I've been sharing with friends and I'm taking some stuff to Costa Rica to share with my brother and his family in 10 days.

My yummy gift basket-15 treats were inside

We had a family Christmas party on the 22nd. Lots of good food and then the annual white elephant party. We always miss the party and I requested it be on the 22nd since we were going to be in town this year. There is a yearly gift that keeps showing up-Pablo a mexican marionette. My niece Stephanie who manages Wendy's brought it this year and so he was sporting a Wendy's red wig w/pigtails and namebadge. My mom opened him up and my brother-in-law Tom finally stole it because he has "big plans" for it next year. I wish I had taken a pic.

I volunteered to make doughnuts for dessert and mostly everyone left before they were cooked. Those that stayed got to eat some yummy doughnuts and Matthew loved them. The best part of the night was there was 1 doughnut left and I had told Matthew no more because he had been eating way too much that night. I left him at the table to go into the kitchen to do something and I hear my niece laughing. I turn around and Matthew is eating another doughnut. I said, "Matthew what are you doing?" and he just stuffed more doughnut into his mouth. It made me laugh too hard and I couldn't even get mad at him. The best part was that my niece said he looked to see if I was looking and then slowly grabbed the doughnut while I wasn't looking. You see he is already too smart for his britches.


Matthew was coloring w/Taelor before he stole the last doughnut

My mom had told me that it was snowy and cold in Utah before we came up. It snowed a lot while we were there and we even got fresh snow Christmas morning. The last few years we've been there for Christmas there hasn't been much snow and it wasn't very cold. It was so fun seeing snow again and it solidified that I hate cold weather. I like to visit it once in awhile, but I like my nice sunny weather in AZ.





Pictures from Christmas Day.


Matthew w/Grandpa Anderson reading


Matthew in his Christmas PJ's


His favorite stocking stuffer-mini magna doodle


Matthew with his cousins Mitchel and Aiden


Matthew with Grandma Anderson

All in all our Christmas Vacation was a blast. I'm sure we'll have more posts up shortly. So many things have happened lately. Matthew started day care 2 days a week and he got stitches, we went back up to Utah this weekend for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Jordan is on a work trip today/tomorrow. I leave Wednesday-Sunday for a work trip. We leave soon for Costa Rica. Our life is crazy busy and sometimes way too insane but we love it.

We hope you all had a great Holiday season and had fun ringing in the New Year. I can't believe that January is almost half over.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Stitches?? Do tell!