Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Saying Goodbye...(for now!)

It has been a pretty tough week saying goodbye to so many good people and friends we have made the last six years here. To think where we started in a little apartment in 2004 and no jobs and where we are now it's amazing. We've both been blessed with amazing jobs and two amazing children. We've had the opportunity to make some long lasting friendships and to solidify some friendships that were started many years ago. We have loved the weather (ok not really the brutal months but right now it's beautiful outside) and the fun things we have done here. We have loved our house and community but won't really miss the commuting into "town".

I am so grateful we followed the promptings of the spirit to move here after Jordan's MBA school. He wouldn't be at Intel now if we hadn't as they've been on a hiring freeze for awhile and we wouldn't be starting a new journey.

I am excited for the new opportunities, friends, and ward that is awaiting us in Oregon. I'm excited to see how Matthew and Isabelle adjust to everything that's new and am glad we'll be staying with family for a few weeks before settling in. I have so much to do once I get to Oregon as I need to find Matthew a school and I want to start a weight-loss support group at our gym. It's definitely going to be a change not going into work every day, but I know being with the kids right now while they are young is the best thing at this time.

Arizona...so long for now. We will miss you and you never know we may just be back in a few years.

1 comment:

Briana said...

I am excited for your new adventure!! Especially that you get to stay home with the kids. Miss you guys so much!